AU-CV - Australian Control voltage
AU-CV is a monthly remote meetup focusing on electronic music production incorporating eurorack and adjacent technologies. We had our first meeting in March 2021, and have subsequently continued the meetings on a monthly basis. The sessions usually run between 2 to 3 hours, and the agenda goes something like this:
- Product Demonstration
- Chat about the demonstration
- Discussion about the performance and artist
- General chat
Performances are recorded and published to YouTube. General chat is not recorded.
The AU-CV mission is to erase the walls between electronic music studios, and create an inclusive and respectful environment where artists and music can breathe.
See the YouTube channel to view individual performances.
- March 2021: Pusha - Jake Richards
- April 2021: Mr Rachele - Adrian Rachele
- May 2021: _bleakerest
- May 2021: Steve Turner (as part of the DNI Pro Dot demonstration)
- June 2021: Symatic Star - Simon Walsh
- July 2021: Adrien David Harris
- August 2021: Sakr
- September 2021: Honeysmack
- October 2021: Ehsan Gelsi and Tip Top Audio - 200 Series (Buchla) demonstration
- November 2021: Sunday Bonus Session with Chris Meyer from Learning Modular.
- November 2021: Chiara Kickdrum (sadly there is NO video recording due to my error during the session)
- December 2021: The Grey Men
- January 2022: CANCELLED
- February 2022: Slow Attack
AU-CV YouTube PLAYLIST
You can view a playlist of all past performances here.
- DEC 29th 2021 - Lunch at Beer Deluxe (Federation Square - Melbourne CBD).
- JAN 20th 2022 - Conversation Session (no planned demo or performance).
The inspiration for this meetup was my own attendance of the NM-CV (New Mexico Control Voltage) sessions. The group spun out of the Aussie Wigglers Facebook Group and I am very grateful to Marty for creating and maintaining that hugely helpful and friendly environment.
We use Zoom to meet up. If you are an electronic musician you might consider attending as a Guest, Product Demonstrator or Performer. You do not have to be from Australia, despite the majority of attendees being Australian. We welcome everyone who can stick by the "no dickheads" rule.
Guest - Sit back and listen or join the conversation. All you need is the Zoom app on your PC, Mac or Smartphone and you are good to go.
Demonstration - click to submit your details for a demonstration. You haver a module in your rig that you want to talk about, or are a product designer with something to share.
Performance - click to submit your details for a performance. Play a piece of music for the group. Times range between 10 and 20 minutes per performance. After the performance we will talk about your process and approach to music. You can submit a video to me that I will stream into the Zoom session then upload to the AU-CV YouTube channel.
You can find some Zoom Audio and Video streaming resources here. This list is by no means exhaustive, and we are adding to it as we learn.